Use Cases For Rotating Residential Proxy
- 659 views
- 21 August, 2018
A Proxy is a web server or machine which serves a middleman or an intermediary purpose between a client and a server. The Proxy allows internet users or clients the access to use websites that are normally restricted, and also to perform specific actions they would not normally be able to do.
In an ordinary instance, to be able to gain access to a website, your internet system sends a request through your router to a neighborhood router, to the internet service provider (ISP) server, and then to the actual web server, then the same thing happens in a reverse order for the server's client.
Why Do People Prefer To Use Proxies?
- To be able to erase data from various websites.
- Proxies enables users the access to run multiple accounts on a series of website.
- They also allow people to download and upload torrents. This type of P2P connection has been banned by many countries.
- Proxies can be used to carry out illicit acts.
Although Proxies can protect your internet from script kiddies, but they are not useful against the FBI and other powerful law enforcement agencies.
There are two types of proxies, which are; the standard ones, i.e shared and dedicated, and the Rotating Residential proxies or backconnect proxies. While the first type is a simple to use and understand, the latter; the rotating residential proxy is more complex, and you some research to be able to comprehend how it works.
Rotating Residential Proxies
A regular proxy uses a single IP to conceal the identity of users and ensures anonymity, while a rotating or a backconnect proxy uses multiple proxy or IP, switching between each proxy either periodically or randomly, to better protect user's privacy. With every action you take, your IP/connection changes leaving no trace of previous actions, thereby ensuring more security.
How Does The Rotating Residential Proxy Work?
- Your machine server sends an information through one connection (say connection A)
- The server's gives you the results of your initial action.
- The proxy swaps or "rotate" IPs giving you a new identity on the web.
- You also send another request through; connection B.
- The server then processes the new request, independent of the first request sent and gives back a different a result.
- On the rotating proxy, every request you send is processed as a new connection, and will end up in the same connection Z.
Why is a Rotating Residential Proxy Better Than Normal Ones?
Let's use this illustration.
Imagine you need to be recommended to someone so you can get some favors, e.g financial favors, or even when you are trying to get a date with a girl, and you tell a friend to speak well about you.
- In the two instances; let's say you are trying to convince A, so you ask a friend, B to speak for you. What happens when only B keeps mentioning you continuously? You guessed right, it would be suspicious and A would know it's all a setup.
What if several people, say B, C down to Z mention you at varying times? Now that's better right.
It works the same way for proxies, if you keep sending requests through a single IP, you would easily get flagged and thereby get blocked from accessing the server. Some websites such as Google allow only a limited access for the same IP per minute, and you can easily get faulted and banned if you abuse the rate per minute.
- On the other hand, when you access the same server from multiple IPs, you will not get flagged, because the server will process it as if it were many users using the server.
Some of the tasks you can use backconnect proxy for are data scraping, SEO, making regular multiple purchases online, and it’s best for security.
We can conclude that a rotating proxy is the more secured proxy of the two types. Choosing the best proxy for you can be such an overwhelming task, but after reading this article you should be able to tell if you want a cheaper, maybe faster internet speed but a less secured standard proxy or a rotating residential proxy, as explained in this article. Rotating residential proxy comes with a high level of security and an increased anonymity.