Scraping Using Proxies on Amazon
- 130 views
- 27 February, 2018
With the growth in information technology and resource management, there are now a lot of resources on the internet. These resources come in different forms such as files, data, web pages, or even connections. Proxy servers are useful tools in getting these resources as they serve as intermediary for request between clients seeking the resource and the server which has the resource. Proxy servers make requests to websites and servers on the internet for the user. As of today, most proxies used are web proxies which facilitate access to resources on the World Wide Web. A proxy server performs a number of functions, which includes;
- Controlling data usage; which it does by giving a detailed report on the data consumed by each website.
- It also improves speed of accessing websites by caching files
- Proxy server can help to remove ads from websites before reaching the user's computer.
- Proxy servers also help to hide IP address, location and other information from the server.
- It also helps to bypass IP address blocking that may be put in place by websites or servers.